Thursday 4 July 2013

Peace and Dandy

 Right now I'd love to ride out of town with hubby and a tent, hit the coast of Cornwall and just spend a month walking along the cliffs and feeding off the powerful natural energy that place holds.
 In the summer I loathe living in a big city. I miss the sea, the sound of waves crashing onto the shore, the lovely smell of seaweed & taste of salt in the air. 
This mornings walk to the post office assaulted my nasal passage with a stenchfest of  feculence and decomposing scraps from the butcher. Often the street outside looks as if it's been cluster-bombed with dog turds and I find myself  almost hopscotching in order to avoid all the filth. Retch-inducing mattresses (complete with piss stains and bedbugs) are just dumped in the street and left for days. The only slight refuge from reeking refuse is the park. Thank goodness for the park!
Thank goodness for its beautiful inhabitants that put a smile on my face every day.
This is Baby Grey that I've mentioned before but he's not so Baby anymore. He should be ready to try those pretty wings of his out soon, I'd love to be there to see it when it happens :)

Today I've been busy preparing my stock for this coming Saturday's Dandy Lion Market...
 This month I decided to do something a little bit different and throw a few more separates and some funky 90s clobber into the mix as well. I've been making and revamping stuff for next Sunday's Mini Festival but I'll be bringing a few of the choice bits that I've made along to The Dandy, like this funky PVC leaf necklace/headdress...
 I made an even bigger one for someone who likes to make a bold style statement and like me lacks a soft-pedal when it comes to dressing ;)
I got severe cramp in my fingers whilst hand-sewing all those individual leafs together but watching Black Books on YouTube made almost bearable.
 Needless to say I'll also be bringing the usual medley of vintage & retro frocks. This one is a newbie on the rail...
 Mark isn't working this weekend and has very kindly agreed to assist me on the day, so I'll be able to bring a few more bags and shoes as well.
I'll also be bringing some more of my handmade accessories too.
 As I already mentioned I'm trying out some different stock on the rail this month, it's mostly late 80s/early 90s separates...
I would have killed for some of these pieces back in the day, that dead-stock bikini is amazing but I just wouldn't be able to do it justice...much like Madonna it simply demands a young body to cling on to.
I'm bringing a whole heap more but if you want to see the rest of it you'll just have to poodle along to The Dandy on Saturday ;)

To go with the 90s clobber here's Sabrina Johnston to sing us out with a euphorically happy tune, enjoy!
Happy Friday folks, hope you will have an extraordinarily good one.
Loads of love,
Jennie
xXx 


9 comments:

Panty Buns said...

There is quite a contrast between your beautiful photos and the mental images of some of the things you described. I love the pose, your frock and your hair in that first photo of you, looking to be close to achieving Nirvana via meditation. Is your gorgeous hair by any chance a creation from from Tangled Wigs? The photos from the seaside are beautiful - and (especially what with my being a vegetarian) the stenchfest you described sounds grotesque. It's been fun seeing your photos of the growth of the goslings into fledgling geese. I've seen full grown geese here recently but no young ones.

The frocks, "clobber" and your creations for Sunday's Mini Festival at the Dandy Lion Market at The Oxford are remarkably diverse, attractive and very interesting. I suspect you could easily do those bikinis justice if you were of a mind to - and I do notice Madge (I loved her blue carpet outfit at the Billboard Music Awards). Speaking of music, Sabrina Johnston does have quite a voice - nice song :)

P.S.: My last post (4 July, 2013) was way, way, WAY off-topic for my blog. http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Penny-Rose said...

Wow, that photo is awesome, look at you, like some kind of goddess or witch. You have a wonderful way of transporting your reader to a different world in only a couple of sentences - I am so lucky to live by the sea, but I also have to tip-toe through the poop. Your photos of the Cornwall coast are magical - made me think of King Arthur! Baby Grey is getting BIG and has beautiful plumage. Hope you have a wonderful time at the market xx

thorne garnet said...

It's not just the big city that's trashy, right now there's a pile of wet, rotting old broken furniture up the street. People don't want to pay the extra $10 to have the city haul it away or are too freaking lazy to take it to the dump.

Enough of that, you look like a fairy princess in the park.

Good luck tomorrow and come home empty handed

Connie Staccato said...

That last skirt is gorgeous.

Krista said...

I swear you just described how I feel about most urban cities. I live in the burbs for a reason and we can walk to a pond from our place. I understand the longing for the ocean, I feel that often.

I'm digging the new header big time. Good luck at the Dandy, I hope you sell loads of the 90's stuff!
Xxxxoooo

Shybiker said...

Wonderful clothes, great pictures.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

I love your new header Jennie, what a wonderful pic of such an amazing dress!! Ugh, the city in summer. What a nightmare! I think it's the same in any city in the world. Horrible! I agree, thank goodness for the park. It really is a beautiful place to get some peace. Hugs, xoxoxoox

Vix said...

Loving the new header! That dress and wig combo utterly rock!
Hope you had a fantastic day trading at the mini-festival. There's some splendid pieces there, the hip teens absolutely rock the Eighties fashion so I bet you'll sell out! xxx

Connie said...

I love the first photo soooooo much. Your hippie name is Star Shine Duck Lover.