Friday 5 April 2013

SWOOSH & DANDY

If I had to pick an onomatopoetic word to describe this week it would definitely be SWOOSH!
My feet have hardly touched the ground and tomorrow is Frocktasia's second outing at the fabulous Dandy Lion Market. The odds that I'll be wrung out like an old dishrag but very happy on Sunday are very high. 
Next week I'll be burying my head in my First Aid book in preparation for the following Saturdays course.
All of a sudden I find myself needing my personal organizer for more than just shopping lists and general doodling. Markets, gigs and birthday parties are now outnumbering the boring stuff like rent, council tax & doctors appointments on my wall calender, it's blooming great!
Speaking of blooming, it was actually quite nice here in North London today and the cherry blossom tree at the end of the road has bravely started to burst its buds.
Fingers crossed it is the precursor of spring and not just another false alarm.
Today's ensemble: 
Vintage 70s maxi dress by Richard Shops, 90s crushed velvet boots, crochet & soapstone heart earrings and a plethora of bangles.
I haven't had any time to henna my hair so the mousy brown regrowth is really starting to show but I guess I will just have to live with it for another week. I can always pop on a wig if it starts to peeve me.
The local wig emporium has just expanded and there is a whole new window of wigs to drool over. 
If I make a little bit of profit tomorrow I might just treat myself to another one :)
Monia who is one of my mannequin heads will be coming with me to grace my display table tomorrow.
I named her after my best friend in 6th form, who went on to become a priest in the Swedish church.
Monia & I 
It will be a wee bit of a struggle for me to get to Kentish Town in the morning as I'll be carting the whole lot myself on the bus cause Mark is working the weekend.
Thankfully he'll be there to give me a hand when it finishes at five.
If you are thinking of popping around and want to have a sneaky peek at the stock that I'm bringing then I've made a special preview folder complete with prices on my FB page. Click HERE to view ;)
I wish you all an amazing weekend.
Have fun, relax, spend time with the ones you love...enjoy!
Loads of love,
Jennie
xXx


20 comments:

Trees said...

Best of luck for your markets!! I wish we lived in the same city (or at least country) so I could check out some of your glorious vintage goodies. Also, I love your dress!

Lucys Lounge said...

best of luck , jennie. i'm sure you'll do great. you dress is lovely and your shoes are great. i hope you make loads so you can treat yourself to a wig. how exotic. i've often thought of getting one. i'm going to your fb page now. lucyx

Becky said...

I want to steal your shoes!!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes at the Dandy Lion!!!!
Becky :)

thorne garnet said...

Good luck, sweetie!

Helga said...

WOOT!
I adore the simple softness of that divoon maxi!The lace detail is heavenly.
Wacko a diddly-o, another market! You're on FIRE,baby! It'll go splendidly. I reckon getting yourself there will be tricky, but once you start setting up your juices will be flowing and it'll be another grand day! HUZZAH!
XXX

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

That is some seriously awesome frockage you've got going on there Jennie - absolutely stunning!!! I'm also swooning over your beauteous eyebrows ... I know that probably sounds strange but I do have deep admiration for a well-arched brow! You're so lucky the market starts at noon. That's a perfectly decent hour for a Saturday. It's always an early start here at every market, year-round and on a weekend! So annoying - sometimes I think The Phoenix and I are the only "oldies" that enjoy a languid lie-in. I'll be thinking of you today my lovely, can't wait to see pics, but then again I hope you're rushed off your feet! xoxoxoxoxox

Melanie said...

That is a swell plethora of bracelets. I love your style. I am now a follower of your prophetic style. That psychedelic dress at Ariane's blog sent me over here post haste!

Curtise said...

Beautiful dress, Jennie, love those gorgeous sleeves and the lovely lace trim.
Good luck at the market, hope you have a successful day, and the journey isn't too tricky, bet you have a LOT of stuff to cart there on the bus! xxxx

mispapelicos said...

I wish I coud come over and meet you, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Angie said...

Many many wishes for the markret day.it feels so good when things come together,no? I like how you kept it quiet for the boots to stand out.

Unknown said...

Many positive wishes for your market today!
I would to do that as well but many opportunities here , i might try E-bay one of those days, i have soooo much!
Love the wigs, this is something i would to get one of those days, they are about $50 here for a good one, how much do you pay where you are at?

Have a great weekend lovely Lady

Ariane xxxx

Penny-Rose said...

The dress is just gorgeous - but what are you wearing on your feet, is that velvet???? OMG I need to see a close-up! I like it that you named your mannequin head after a friend - especially the bit about her becoming a priest. Hope the market goes well - how on earth you are going to take everything on the bus I do not know, but you seem like the kind of woman that can do anything!!

Panty Buns said...

Your vintage 70s maxi dress is beautiful. It appears from the look of the fabric and the design of the dress that it must feel wonderful to wear. I love your poses and the lovely photo of you with Monia. I have a feeling the cherry tree bursting its buds is not a false alarm but is the real thing - Spring (hooray). I'll bet your "mousey brown hair" looks lovely too whenever you let ir grow out. I hope everything continues to go swooshingly well for you. Best of luck with it all. You're amazing. :)

Connie Staccato said...

I used to henna my hair, too, "Sparkling Burgundy". So fun, and good for your hair, too.

You look lovely. Good luck tomorrow!

Idee Fixe said...

Good luck selling loads! (Less to drag home!) XXX

Leslie Wilson-Rutterford said...

It was incredible to see you arrive, and up the stairs, to boot, with your big blue case and 6 foot rail, and finding out you travelled by bus!! You're one hellava trooper and such a classy dresser with it. You do us all proud. It was so nice to have you back at the Dandy, and am so pleased you will be returning in May, too! I'm glad you sold a few frocks, and love your comment on FB about the lucky one going to Glastonbury. I'm looking forward to spending some q time with ya this week, or very soon! Hope it won't be too hectic as it sounds like you've got some busy times ahead. Keep on Frockin' ! Leslie xxx

Flora Cruft said...

Ooooh what an amazing maxi dress! Looking great!

freckleface said...

I love those colourful wigs!! You suit your hair in practically every colour.

Hope your fair went well and that you managed to stagger across London with loads of stuff without doing yourself an injury! xxx

Miss Simmonds Says said...

that's two songs you've posted I need to download! Love those velvet platforms - wow! looking great!

Unknown said...

OOOh, this song was on Buffy!!!!!!!
one of my faves!!!
hugs
Reva