Saturday 27 April 2013

Back from Caledonia

Hey peeps,
hope you are all doing well?!
I dropped off the radar for a while to visit Scotland again.
It was my mother-in-laws 70th birthday on Thursday, so we decided to go up and spend a week with her.
We just got back last night and today I did the Can't Buy Me Love market at The Boogaloo but I'll blog about Scotland and the market tomorrow.
***
I meant to post this blog before I went to Scotland but never quite managed to get around to it, better late than never ;)

A week and a half ago I had a photo session with an amazing London based singer-songwriter called Faith Taylor. I approached Faith a while back after falling in love with her voice at a gig and asked her if she'd be interested in taking part in a little vintage clothing inspired photo session at my house. We were messaging each other on Facebook prior to the session to establish what sort of theme would best suit her personality and music style. Faith is a self-declared tomboy so we went with an androgynous style.
Look 1
 Vintage 70s blazer, 70s shirt and 70s bow-tie combo
Look 2 
Vintage 50s felt hat and 70s ethnic embroidered waistcoat
Look 3
German military shirt teamed a cowboy style scarf
I really enjoyed doing this little session and I'm planning to do more of them next month.
Faith was a real joy to work with and I'll be sure to keep an eye on her future gig listings.

Before we went to Scotland I met up with Leslie and we went to take in the Lichtenstein -A Retrospective exhibition at the Tate Modern, which was absolutely fab!
Vintage 50s trousers, 70s Liberty print suspenders, 70s lurex blouse, sleeveless knitted jumper, Handmade African necklace, Frocktasia earrings, handmade tote bag made by Leslie, Lowepro camera bag & DMs 
I'll post about Scotland & my market adventures tomorrow but right now I'm going to crash and burn, I'm bushed...cheerio my dear pals ;)
Loads of love,
Jennie
xXx



14 comments:

Connie Staccato said...

Caledonia? Can't Buy Me Love market? You've got my attention.

And she's beautiful.

thorne garnet said...

man I want to live somewhere with a real museum. That's not asking for to much.

Connie said...

My. You have been very busy. Beautiful photo shoot.

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Ooooooh lady you've got talent!! Faith looks so relaxed with you behind the lens, those pics are exhibition-worthy. I really love the beautiful waistcoat she's wearing:) xo

Panty Buns said...

I love the 70s ethnic embroidered waistcoat of the Look 2 outfit you styled for Faith Taylor. I just listened to one of her YouTube videos :)

For some reason I remembered that you have been taking courses in rescue diving and CPR and noticed that
one of the pieces of artwork at the Lichtenstein Tate Retrospective you saw which was on loan from the Museum of Modern Art in New York
(somewhat near me), was titled "Drowning Girl". (I suspect that it's my mind grasping for lucidity in my old age). The notes by Curator Anne Umland are interesting.

Belatedly, Happy Birthday to Mark's mum 2 or 3 days ago (Thursday).

Your off-the-radar week or so was obviously a very busy one.

It looks like the androgynous vintage mood of your styling for Faith Taylor may have snuck into your outfit just a tad in the last photo of your post just before you sign off, bushed. Well done.

I look forward to seeing your blogging and/or photos from Scotland when you did the Can't Buy Me Love market at The Boogaloo after you've recuperated some.
I hope you both get some well deserved sleep and rest. :)

http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

Trees said...

Those photos of Faith are just beautiful. Looking forward to hearing about your trip to Scotland & the markets:)

Olga Rani said...

And I've been wondering where you vanished all of a sudden :)
The photo session pictures are super, so professional!

Becky said...

What gorgeous photos of Faith!!! Jealous of your Lichtenstein exhibit!
Becky :)

Unknown said...

Jättefina foton med en härlig känsla!
Fullkomligt älskar dina byxor , hittar aldrig bra byxor här .

Ulla-Marie said...

Proppfullt av kvinnor med edge i det här inlägget! Bilderna på den androgyna singer-songwritern är ... rörande. Kan inte sätta fingret på varför jag tycker så, men de berör och jag gissar att hon är helnöjd.

Lucys Lounge said...

jennie. you are a finder. what a lovely singer and such a beautiful eyes. she looks amazing in the clothes you styled her in. its great to see you back . i'm loking forward to your post on the market you did. love lucy

Mrs. D said...

Beautiful photos!!! She looks lovely.
How was the Roy Lichtenstein exhibition? any good?
I love your exhibition outfit - the fact that the sweaters are lurex just gives it that extra something that makes it from good to great!

Unknown said...

YaY, Jennie!
LOVE the images!!!! Sooo awesome!
and happy to see you out and about having fun :) :) :)
I hope to meet you someday as you are sooo totally awesome. I'm off to my parent's again next week, (this is killing me :(
I'd love to chat when I get back..
super -dooper hugs!
Reva

Krista said...

You really captured the essence of this gal, love your pictures!
Xxoo