Monday 11 March 2013

Titsicles, winter's back!

What an absolutely freezacious Monday it had been!
Some time ago we set up a bird feeding station on the balcony and earlier today our little feathered friends were sent tumbling when caught by strong and icy cold gusts of wind.
I chopped up a suet & seed ball and stuck in a bowl on the floor, in an attempt to make it slightly easier for them but then it started snowing, och!
I'm chuffed to bits with the amount and variety of birds that are regular visitors now...
blackbird, chaffinch, robin, sparrow, starling, wood pigeon, blue tit and this morning we were even visited by a very inquisitive magpie.
It's lovely to just sit with my cup of coffee, watching the birds pick away at the seed balls outside.
 Yes peeps, it's official, I am a birdwatcher.
We're going through bags of seed every week so it's just as well that you can pick them up from the pound shop. 
I do want to try and make my own seed balls though and I've found a good tutorial on a blog called Dry Seasonings, so I'll give that a bash at the weekend.
Lilo and friends also get their daily visit without fail. 
On a day like today one could be tempted to give the pond a miss but I don't want my angel-winged pretty going hungry especially when it's as Baltic as it has been today.
They were filming something in the park, there were loads of lorries and one of those double decker catering buses parked on the basketball courts. 
I didn't spot anyone famous but I may have done?
 Especially if the celebrity looks like a hairy gaffer, cause there were a fair few of them about.
We were interrupted three times by crew peeps as we were trying to snap the outfit pics. 
I was standing there thinking...
"Excuse me, can you hold on three bleedin' seconds please, I'm getting titsicles standing here!".
'Titsicles' is pretty self explanatory I guess but just in case you are perplexed, it is the word my husband chooses to use for a pair of extremely cold boobies :)
Vintage 60s psychedelic print dress, 90s faux-fur jacket, 80s boots, tights, mohair hat, gloves & Frocktasia earrings & horse brass necklace.
In the pictures above you can see me clocking bearded men just about to walk right in front of the camera... you would have thought being in 'The Biz' they would know bleedin' better but I guess not.
Today's tune is by lovely Leslie's very talented son Erik, enjoy :)
Erik will be playing a six song gig at The Old Queen's Head on Sunday the 24th of March.
Mark and I will be going :)
Loads of love,
Jennie
xXx


13 comments:

Lucys Lounge said...

another lovely dress. the colour is so unusual. i love the back drop . it matches the dress.

thorne garnet said...

love the print on the dress, thanks for the close up.

Panty Buns said...

That's funny! (the expression, that is - not the actually having frozen boobies) I started to giggle as soon as I read the word "Titsicles" in this post's title. I like watching the birds too. I don't study them but am lucky my late mother liked them and told me what each was. It seems some of those birds arrive for Spring on both sides of the pond. I love the colour and psychedelic print of your vintage 60s dress and of your hosiery.

Olga Rani said...

You would like it in Nepal as there are so many birds here. Even in the area where I live, every morning I wake up with the birds singing. From the window of my kitchen I've seen hawks, woodpeckers, and even big wild parrots.
The dress is very beautiful. Love the necklace too.

Penny-Rose said...

LOVE this dress - the pattern is wonderful. Birds are very interesting to watch - here in NZ we have lots of lovely native birds as well as many European ones. Hope you are keeping warm.

Trees said...

I love birds too - I have to admit when living overseas the thing I missed most about home was the fact I didn't get to see NZ birds. I love your outfit - looks snuggly and warm, but sometimes it gets so cold there aren't enough clothes to keep you warm right? I hope it gets warmer soon xoxo

Perdita Tinsel said...

We have several trees at the back of our house which the birdies love.

You're brave taking outside outfit shots in this weather. I am wrapped up in most of the scarves I own today lol.

mispapelicos said...

Perfect backdrop for a perfect attire, my dear Jennie.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

citizen rosebud said...

For a woman so cold, you are looking pretty damn hot. Love that color on you- and what a great 60s vibe.

I would love to be a bird watcher! right now only two varieties on my street. Little families of chickadees, and cranky old crows!

Curtise said...

Ha, for a woman with titsicles you still manage to look gorgeous, Jennie!
Love the colour and groovy print on your frock, and a bit of faux fur is obligatory in this icy weather. Keep warm and as stylish as always, my dear! xxxx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Gorgeous colours and pattern on that dress - and did you make the horse brass necklace? I used to have loads of them in my mad pony lover stage - think my bedroom looked like a strange combination of country pub/video hire shop (from all my Hollywood hunks posters ;-) )

Miss Simmonds Says said...

I'm a bird watcher too! We get loads in the garden and it's a constant fight to keep the squirrels off and the feeders refreshed. I love 'Titsicles' that's a perfect description. Also love your cerise dress! Xx

Vix said...

The print on that dress is glorious, such a fab colour for such a crappy day. You astound me with your bad ass bravery only wearing tights. I've had fleece lined leggings, over the knee socks and boots on underneath maxi dresses to cope with the icy weather.
I'm a shocking townie when it comes to birds, we always feed them but I rarely have a clue what species they are - now I've moved the computer to the front of the house I'm perpetually Googling to research what they are. xxxx