Thursday 16 August 2012

Where u been girlfriend, we all thought you were dead?!

It has been a while since I blogged with regularity but I have not been idle my friends.
For the past month I've been setting up a web store and hey-ho didn't you know that takes a helluva lot of time and effort, especially when you are as cave-dwelling as I am as regards to technical stuff.
Thankfully my husband has the patience of a saint and can explain things to me in a kindergarten manner and even though my eyes still frequently glaze over and his voice morphs into Charlie Browns teachers voice, I'm slowly getting there.
I started selling on eBay back in 2004 but I've always dreamt of having my own shop; something that I can put my personal stamp on & even though web shop platforms are becoming increasingly popular and the main job isn't really with the shop but getting the word out I still wanted to give it a bash.
Admittedly I am not the world champion in social networking but I hope that my arduous efforts to learn its magic teamed with what I believe to be a fabulous selection of products will slowly get the trade going.
Fingers, legs, arms, toes and eyes crossed ;)
 If you haven't already, please pop over and peruse my wonderful wares at FROCKTASIA....
Here are some of my current faves... 
clicking on the pic will take you to the item in the shop :)
'Addicted To Love' Banging Bodycon Dress:
This dress is super sexy and if I could fit into it myself it would never have gone in the shop but hey my loss is some lucky girls gain.
'Midas Touch' Vintage Metallic Cocktail Dress:
This sassy glamtastic vintage 80s gold lamé frock is by Veni Infantido, 
it's frigging awesome!
'Killer Queen' Vintage Butterfly Sequin Trophy Top:
You are not a true disco diva until you have at least one of these in your wardrobe ;)
'Dancing With Myself' Vintage Moschino Belt Bag:
Whilst perusing eBay the other day I found that some crafty beggar had totally ripped my web store description plus "borrowed" all the pics to sell their own Moschino belt bag scandalous. I mean don't get me wrong I borrow and get inspired by stuff too but I generally try to at least put my own slant on it and not make it so blatant. They hadn't even removed the song title product name that I give each and every one of my items, the height of laziness me thinks.
'Temple Of Love' Handmade Moroccan Duffel Bag:
The perfect bag for a hippy chick!
At the moment I only have a total of 33 items in store but I'm hoping to add many more within the next few weeks.
Unfortunately I am having to juggle my Frocktasia shop activities with my bread and butter eBay auctions cause the rent and bills still have to be paid somehow...pants!
Moving swiftly on to something more cheerful, three new little helpers moved in with us yesterday, they will model hats and headdresses so that I don't have to ;)
Whilst on the subject of headdresses,
I've got one of those up for grabs in the shop too.
'Dear Darkness' Unique Rose Crown Headdress:
My plan is to do a lot more vintage revamps and unique Frocktasia creations, cause being creative is a big part of who I am so it makes perfect sense really. 
The shop will be a window into what I have to offer and hopefully things will grow from there.
These pics where taken in my boudoir/studio where most the product pics for the shop are taken, it's crammed full of  fabulous frocks, vintage goodies and knick-knacks from all corners of the world.
I'll leave you with a sneak peek of two recent vintage revamps that will go into the shop within the next couple of days...
Fringing fabulous ;)
You would really ROCK MY WORLD if you popped over to like my Frocktasia facebook page and if you have one yourself and I haven't liked it yet then just give me a nudge and I'll return the favor.
I will be doing discount codes and special deals for Frocktasia likers, fans and followers in the not too distant future but I just want to get a bit more stock in the shop first.
Hope you are all doing well :)
Lot's of love,
Jennie
xXx


7 comments:

Ivy Black said...

There you are! Woa, how busy have you been? It all looks bloody brill and you have such gorgeous things. I love the helpers.
xxxx

Krista said...

Busy keeps you out of trouble for the most part. I always think you have the best stuff because your taste is so awesome. I am loving your custom fringe shorts and the brown skirt is killer! The purple velvet turban is hot too. Keep at it girl!
XXOO
Krista

Unknown said...

Jaysus, that gold dress is incredible, as is the so bad it's good Moschino bumbag!

Curtise said...

Lots of luck with the shop! You have some great stock. xx

J said...

You have some wonderful wares for sale!
Thanks for your comment on my blog!

xxLiora
lioraatsea.blogspot.com

Annie said...

I know it's hard work, but it's a lot better than working for The Man. And I'm sure it'll be a success, you have a good eye.

Ulla-Marie said...

Plenty of nice things ...