Thursday 12 April 2012

In seach of the Kingdom of Kush

Holiday frocks number five & six make a delightful duo...
******
******
The Frocks:
This pair of vintage frock beauties were both eBay buys. 
The green one I bagged last year and the fuchsia one I bid home in back January.
I was beside myself with glee to find one in a different colourway.
The dresses are labelled 'Richard Shops' which was a British high street staple brand back in the 60s & through to the 90s.
I reckon this pair are from the 70s just like me, who knows maybe they were the "must have" frock of the year I was born?!
Although the print is sublime and the colours have more zest than a barrow load of Jamaican limes, the thing that really makes the dress is the fabulous three tier skirt, I blooming well love it!
The First Session:
We were finding it quite hard to shot these two frocks on the first day cause the wind was playing silly buggers with the tiers of the skirt and exposing the plain white lining underneath.
The Second Session:
On the second morning we went to a different spot that was a bit more shielded from the wind.
I waxed lyrical about how I thought it looked like the surface of another planet but hubby soon brought me back down to earth by proclaiming that it reminded him of a quarry.
The sand was still a bit damp from the slightly nippy desert night and the sun was yet to rise properly so the pics didn't come out as "warm" as the ones from the first shoot did but I still like them...
poetic planet or sorry quarry, no matter ;)
The Truth Will Out:
I brought a lot of clobber with me this time cause I knew that we weren't moving halfway through the holiday as we have done on previous magical mystery tours.
 What can I say, I love having a plethora of frock options at my disposal. 
Although I did spent most of the day either in a bikini or my 3mm Mares wetsuit I did push the boat out at night when we went for dinner and drinks.
The only frock that didn't get an evening outing was the fuchsia pink one of these two.
******
Frock seven fell from maxi dress heaven...up next!
Hope you are enjoying my little holiday wardrobe bloggy show and tell ;)
Lot's of love,
Jennie
xXx


No comments: